Prefix: This was the original landing page (photo and content) for a business venture of mine called Business Power IT. It was a DBA in New York. The aim was to sell an information product. I explain why I abandoned that model in this article here. All of the information offered in this package is now free on the blog through the Business IT category. I have a similar IT Consultation offer, but it's focused more on collaboration with other small business owners.
I launched this business effort in 2006 or 07 on a custom Squarespace page, and for some reason thought it would be smart to turn all the "I" pronouns into "We." I'm sorry for making you endure that! I could change it, but this is up more for historic archive than anything else. So suck it up.
What Are Small Business "Solutions?"
If we had 10 Algebra problems that stumped us in our business six times a week, what's the best way to increase our productivity? Should we get our niece to help us out for seven of them and kick around the other three? That's a bad example though. Most people hate algebra, so let's try a different one.
If a wholesaler increased his shipping costs to you by 51% and you were within an hour's drive of his warehouse, what's the best way to keep up or (maybe even) increase productivity for your business?
- Suck up the added costs and "roll with the punches?"
- Murmur and mumble to companions about what a pain shipping is?
- Or could you (now this is crazy here!) get comfortable driving a utility van and make two trips a month out there to visit your rate-hiking wholesaler?
...two hours a month, a little coffee on the road, to increase profits by 51%? Seems like a no-brainer to most of us, but who knows? Small Business owners are still stressing about small computer glitches or paying geeks-for-hire $126 an hour to do fixes they're more than capable of doing themselves!
What's the Solution?
- The solution to the first example is to learn a little algebra and stop letting a handful of terms and variables keep your business down!
- The solution to the second example is to learn how to drive a utility van (which requires no special license) and stop letting logistics keep your business down!
- The solution to computer woes is to... learn some basic computer skills (surfing the Internet is not "basic skills") and stop letting a computer keep your business down!
How Difficult is This?
From your Windows machine, hit the Windows Key + R. Type in, Notepad, and hit Enter. Now type a little note to yourself that says something to the effect of, "This is semi-cool. My, that was pretty easy!"
Not Difficult at All!
Knowing one hot key certainly doesn't make you a computer whiz. And it really didn't "fix" any problems. But it saves you time and it encourages outside-the-box thinking. Maybe next time an application locks up on you, you'll try hitting WIN+D to get the frozen application off your desktop and allow you to take further restorative measures. That's a whole lot better than throwing your Medicine Balls at the screen!
What Else Should You Know?
- How do you recognize a good running IT system? Does it meet your business needs?
- How could you better organize your files to increase business efficiency and computer efficiency?
- How do you ensure your computer isn't the easy victim on the Internet playground?
- What's the difference between Adware, Spyware, and Viruses and what can you do about any of them?
- How do you get your business back and running when the computer finally croaks?
- Why the heck is your computer dragging along when it used to run fine?
You Don't Have to Be a Pro!
It doesn't take a degree in Information Technology to know and utilize these things! You don't have to devote countless hours in a week to stay on top the game! Technology does change rapidly, but many founding principles stay the same and cross over between platforms! You owe it to your business to grasp at least the foundation!
Your Business Needs IT!
You can't avoid it. Technology can make or break the competition! Here are solutions. Here is understanding. It is really within your grasp. We introduce to you our simple, entertaining, and educating expose: Your Business Needs IT. If you're ready to end the frustration now, get your copy here! You've got nothing to lose but wasted time and resources. Stop tossing efforts into the wind! View our guarantee.
Included, is: [This was absorbed into this blog as the Business IT category. It's free.]
- 14 Chapters, 126 pages, filled with insightful and simple instruction designed for small businesses.
- 5 bonus appendices on topics like the comprehensive Table of WINDOWS Hotkeys, or Top Seven Time Savers that every business owner should know and use.
- Detailed index for fast searching.
- Straightforward, on-target whit and instruction that you know and love from Business Power IT.
What are the Options?
Businesses require IT, period. If your computer starts acting up and you require it for business, your usual options are limited. You can:
- Buy a new laptop from $300 (at the cheapest) to $2,400 at the high end.
- Buy a new tower from $500 to $2,400.
- Hire a geek-crew support site to consult you over the phone (once) for $79.99.
- Hire the same crew to support you in person (once) for $129 - $350.
- Bring it in to a local computer shop for $50-an-hour repair.
- Get your nephew to help you for free and pray that he's around everytime your business IT glitches.
Those options are terrible! [See my current IT Collaboration Proposal Here.]
What is the Best Option?
This is so simple it's baffling: Do it yourself! You can't always do it yourself, we know, but if you can do one thing yourself, you saved $80 at the least. If you can do two things yourself, you saved $160. If you can do both of those twice during the life of your computer, you saved $480!
You don't have to be a doctor to keep your body healthy. You don't have to be a mechanic to run your car well. You don't have to be an IT to be a smart computer user! Educate yourself and implement it. Buy the ground-breaking Your Business Needs IT manual for $29 today (shipping included) and start saving money and time now!
Too good to be true?
- Download real sample pages from chapters of the book. It's all there.
- View the Table of Contents.
We're going to make this as simple as possible for you. Write us if we can make the guarantee any more plain-English than this.
- We guarantee that this course is original and rich with valuable content.
- We guarantee that this course will make you a better small business computer user.
- We guarantee that this course will make your business more efficient.
- We guarantee that you will learn and grasp valuable fundamental concepts that are critical to your operations!
Save the receipt. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED, if you do not love it, if you cannot use it, send it back to us just like you received it and include the receipt. That's it! We'll mail you a money-order with your money PLUS an extra $5 to cover your shipping expenses. No questions asked! Our genuine goal is to better your business. If we didn't do that, we don't want to hold your money.
We have faith in this product! It's 100% guaranteed.
Order Now and start you way to the head of the crowd! There's no reason to curse at and boil over a piece of plastic and metal. Join us at Business Power IT and let our partnership increase the value of your business! We look forward to hearing back from you. Order your copy now!
[This business effort was rolled into this blog, This Blue Couch, and you can find most of the information in the Business IT category. It your want a personal Business IT consultation for your small business, see those details here.]